UPDATED AUGUST 2016
SUSHI IN WEST TRINIDAD
1. LUCE (Port of Spain) – Located at the Hilton Trinidad with an absolutely fantastic view, LUCE offers up a wide range of rolls including our favorites, the Shrimp-Oh-Shrimp, Ultimate Riceless Roll, Flamingo Roll, Alaskan Roll and the Dragon Roll. (Hours are Tuesday to Sunday, 5pm-11pm.) Link to LUCE menu. (868) 225-2000.
2. SAMURAI GRILL & SUSHI BAR (One Woodbrook Place, Woodbrook) – This sushi and teppanyaki spot is open for lunch and dinner. Hours: Monday-Thursday: 3pm-11pm; Friday and Saturday 11am-midnight; Sunday 3pm-11pm Link to Samurai Trinidad Menu. (868) 289-4616 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. KAIZAN SUSHI (MovieTowne, Port of Spain AND Price Plaza, Chaguanas) – Grab your sushi before or after a movie and check Kaizan’s ode to Trinidad, the Sushi Carnival Roll. Kaizan also has lunch specials. (Hours are 11am – 10:30pm, Monday – Sunday.) Link to menu. (868) 623-5437.
4. SUSHI BAR – Hyatt Regency Trinidad (Port of Spain) – Take a seat at the bar for sushi, sake and one of the best sushi bar view’s in Trinidad. Sake cocktails and Sapporo beer are also available. (Sushi Bar hours are 5pm-10pm, Tuesday-Saturday.) (868) 623-2222.
5. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (Woodbrook) – More Sushi is a great spot in Woodbrook to satisfy your sushi cravings, and we really like the $99 ++ lunch sushi bento box special and the Tuesday dinner buffet (6pm-10pm). Monday–Thursday: 11am-10pm; Friday–Saturday: 11am-11pm; Sunday 11am-10pm. Link to our More Sushi pictures. (868) 622-8466
6. JAFFA AT THE OVAL (Port of Spain) – Jaffa offers sushi on its lunch buffet on Fridays (11:45am-2:30pm). (868) 622-OVAL (6825) or 628-6200
SUSHI IN EAST/CENTRAL TRINIDAD
7. SUSHI EXPRESS & TAE SAKE LOUNGE (Piarco Plaza, Piarco) – Sushi Express offers full service sushi experience at Piarco Plaza while its Tae Sake Lounge (right next door) offers an extended Sushi Express menu, as well as sake, wine and desserts. Monday – Thursday 11am-10pm; Friday and Saturday 12 noon–11pm; Sunday 3pm–9pm. Link to Sushi Express menu. (868) 345-6166
8. SILHOUETTES RESTAURANT & LOUNGE (Valpark Shopping Plaza, Valsayn) – Offers a sushi menu daily for dinner. Hours are Wednesday-Thursday: 11am-10pm and Friday: 11am- 4am; Saturday: 3pm-4am; Sunday 5om-11pm. Wednesdays & Thursdays feature a Lunch Special 11am-3pm and a Dinner Special 4pm-7pm. Link to Menu for Silhouettes Restaurant & Lounge. (868) 221-6918
9. BOOTLEGGERS (Chaguanas) – Located on Ramsaran Street, serves sushi (along with International dishes). (868) 671-5391
10. EURASIA (Trincity Mall) – Serves sushi (along with Thai and Hakka food). Monday-Thursday: 11am-10pm; Friday-Saturday: 11am-11pm; Sunday: opens occasionally 4pm-12am. (868) 640-8955
SUSHI IN SOUTH TRINIDAD
12. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (San Fernando) – Monday–Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday–Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) (868) 223-8466
TAKEOUT/PRE-PACKAGED SUSHI TO GO – TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
15. SAKURA ARTS (Port of Spain-Cocorite, Westmoorings and Maraval) – Pre-packaged sushi at Superpharm (Gulf View, Trincity, West Moorings, Diego Martin, Maraval, Marabella, Valsayn and Chaguanas; Peake’s One Stop in Cocorite; Roll options ($65) include California Roll; Smoky Salmon; Veggie Roll and more.
16. SUMO SUSHI (Trinidad) – Started by More Vino/More Sushi, SUMO SUSHI offers pre-packaged sushi ($55 to $65) and seaweed salad ($40) at select Massy Stores, Movietowne POS, Cafe le Bistro in Grand Bazaar Food Court, and the SUMO retail location at the UWI campus. Sushi options include Sumo Combo; Dojo California Roll; Kinboshi Spicy Salmon Roll; Mawashi Cream Tuna Roll; Ozeki Shrimp Tempura Roll; and Yokozuna Vegetarian Roll.
17. LINDA’S BAKERY (Trinidad) – Rolls include a Tempura Roll; Spicy Tuna Roll. Sushi is available at select locations.
18. SUSHI SHOP TOBAGO – Offers fresh sushi pick-up orders. Menu features a California Roll; Salmon Roll; and Tuna Roll, and Wakame Salad and Ceviche. Link to Sushi Shop Tobago Menu. (868) 363-1406 or email@example.com to order. Pick up from The Shade in Bon Accord.
FYI: If you want to make your own sushi, HAPPY GOURMET, SEAFOOD ENTERPRISES, THE GOURMET GENIE, MALABAR FARMS and other gourmet grocery stores sell sushi kits and ingredients, and Premium Seafood located at the National Fisheries compound in Port of Spain sells sushi-grade tuna.
NOTE: Every effort is made to keep this list updated, but please call to confirm hours as restaurants do change their menus and hours of operation.