THURSDAY, 27th April, 6pm-10pm, CREPE PARTY (Soirée Crêpes) at the Alliance Française Trinidad and Tobago (St. Clair, Trinidad). Advance tickets only $100 adults & $50 children (under 12 years). (868) 622-6119 or email email@example.com for more information. Link to Facebook event page. $
FRIDAY, 28th April, 1pm, “MY FOOD & ME” (Bocas Lit Fest) at Children’s Library-NALIS Port of Spain. “In this open discussion “MY FOOD & ME,” the Tableland Pineapple Farmers Association, National 4-H Leaders Council and Omardath Maharaj – Agricultural Economist will seek to demonstrate just how important targeting public awareness and engagement activities are for our nation’s youth.”
SUNDAY, 30th APRIL, BOURGY BRUNCH – The Alternative Brunch Event (Trinidad)
“A main course of gourmet food with a side order of style, two scoops of vibes and garish of “jamming”, this is what you can expect to enjoy at Bourgy Brunch – The Alternative Brunch Event. Partnering with Seaver Street Eats Crepes and Sabrina’s Exotic Chutney’s, the menu goes beyond the traditional brunch items and includes items like herbed seasoned pholourie, chicken stuffed pholourie, crab stuffed dumplings with coconut curry sauce as well as crab a callaloo crepes. The food will be complemented by drinks of your choice as the Dutch style event allows patrons to bring their bottles.” Tickets available at www.islandetickets.com. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. $
Sunday, 30th April, 9am-3pm, UPMARKET at Trinidad Country Club (Maraval, Trinidad). Walk with your grocery bags and cash for Trinidad’s premier gourmet market featuring local food artisans, caterers, chefs and farmers alongside artists and other artisans selling jewelry, soaps and lotions, art and more. FREE ENTRY! Link to Facebook event page.
APRIL CLASSES at The Academy of Baking and Pastry Arts (Woodbrook, Trinidad) include classes on basic breads, dim sum, mini cheesecake buffet, sushi making (family class), and ice cream & cupcakes. Special offer for April 2017 – enjoy second course for 50% off. Link to full schedule. $
APRIL – MAY 2017, T&T NATIONAL CULINARY TEAM PRACTICE DINNERS at TTHTI’s Hilltop Restaurant (Chaguaramas) and Hilton Trinidad. The National Culinary Team practice dinners feature a three course meal, along with wine pairing and a mystery cocktail. Cost is $250. (868) 634-1174/5 or 766-8844 or email: email@example.com to make your reservations and for additional information. Link to flyer. $
FREE AGRICULTURE CLASSES IN TRINIDAD
- Ministry of Food Production Farmers Training Centre’s TRAINING COURSES: Classes may include Aquaponics for Home Gardeners; Banana & Plant Production; Cocoa Production; and Marketing Fresh Fruits & Vegetables in Local and Foreign Markets. Classes are offered in Caroni, Curepe, Centeno, Penal, Point Fortin, Princes Town and Sangre Grande. Link to APRIL 2017 schedule and booking information. FREE!
- Also coming in May 2017 is a FREE Commercial Aquaculture Training Course from the Ministry of Agriculture, Land & Fisheries. Link to Aquaculture May 2017 course schedule and more details. FREE!
NEW RESTAURANTS, RELOCATIONS & REOPENINGS and PLACES TO TRY!
- LIVET GOURMET (Woodbrook, Trinidad) – Currently located in Barataria, but coming in May 2017 to Ariapita Avenue, Livet Gourmet is a “health and wellness restaurant featuring vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, lactose free, sugar free, preservative free, processed free options for tasty healthy versions of popular dishes we know and love e.g. coocoo(made with quinoa), the world’s tastiest doubles(gluten free), stew mushrooms, calalloo, curry, green fig salad(free of mayo) dairy free ice cream and cheese cakes, sweet potato fries, store made condiments and so much more.” (868) 638-9437.
- ALL MY TEA Shop (Woodbrook, Trinidad) – Coming soon to D’ Rite Stuff at #44 De Verteuil Street! All My Tea Shop will feature 35+ varieties of loose teas available by bag or cup, specialty coffees and homemade eats such as muffins, cookies, scones, salads, and sandwiches!
- PAPRIKA BISTRO (West Mall, Westmoorings, Trinidad) – Coming soon to West Mall!
- BLOOM’S IMPORTS (Maraval, Trinidad) – Opening a second location on 27th April 2017 on Long Circular Road (next door to Rituals/across from RBC Bank).
- HENDERSONS’ KITCHEN (Cascade, Trinidad) – “Farm to table” restaurant serving grab-and-go meals or dine at the counter. Link to Hendersons’ Kitchen pictures. (868) 621-2325.
- SWEET SERENI-TEA CAFE (Woodbrook, Trinidad) – Opened in March 2017 on De Verteuil Street. (868) 788-8004.
- CHOCOLATE BAR CAFE (Santa Cruz, Trinidad) – Opened in February 2017.
- VISTRO ‘SOULY VEGETARIAN’ (St. James, Trinidad) – Opened in the Food Court of Long Circular Mall in February 2017. (868) 785-7910. Link to menu.
- HOUSE OF SAKURA (St. James, Trinidad) – Sushi-Asian restaurant opened on Mucurapo Road in January 2017. Link to menu and pictures. (868) 299-9536.
- FISH FROLIC (Trinidad) – Catering service offering fortnightly home and/or office delivery of Jamaican escoveitched fish and festival. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send Facebook message to order.
- ROLL TT (SouthPark, San Fernando, Trinidad) – Sushi/Asian restaurant opened its second location in April 2017.
- ISLAND BEER CHILL & GRILL (SouthPark, San Fernando, Trinidad) – Opened its second location in February 2017.
- LA CANTINA (C3 Centre, San Fernando, Trinidad) – Opened its third location in April 2017 (other two locations are in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Crown Point, Tobago).
- BREADOLOGY (C3 Centre , San Fernando, Trinidad) – Opened in December 2016.
PAST EVENTS IN APRIL
SATURDAYS, 22nd April through 20th May, 9am-3pm, COOKING WITH CONFIDENCE 2 (short course) at Chaguaramas and East campuses of TTHTI (Trinidad & Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute). Cost is $1,850. Email email@example.com or call (868) 634-4250 for more information. Link to 2017 TTHTI Short Courses Schedule. $
WEDNESDAY, 26th April, 6pm, WINE NOT WEDNESDAY (Wine Tasting Event) at Uncorked Wines & Spirits (Port of Spain, Trinidad). Cost is $200. RSVP (868) 379-4631. $