NEW RESTAURANTS & REOPENINGS IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
THE RUSTY BARREL (San Fernando, Trinidad) – This full service restaurant opened on November 15th and features menu items like BBQ Cowheel, the salmon Cointreau, fried red snapper, barrel wings and more. Hours are Tuesday-Thursday: 11am – 10pm and Friday-Saturday: 11am – 2am. Corner Prince Charles Street and Cipero Street. (868) 289-6919.
PITA PIT (Maraval, Trinidad) opened its second location at the Shoppes of Maraval in November. This location is open on Sundays 12pm-9pm.
RuStreet (St. Clair, Trinidad) – The owners behind Woodbrook Cafe & W Express opened RuStreet on November 8th at #20 Rust Street (parking is available at their carpark at 15 Rust Street). Open Tuesdays through Sundays from 4pm. Link to menu. Reservations (868) 622-2233.
ZAZOU BISTRO MODERNE (Maraval, Trinidad) is up and running again in its temporary location at Poleska at Trinidad Country Club. ZaZou is offering lunch (starting November 22nd) and dinner Tuesday through Saturday. Link to lunch menu and lunch dessert menu and dinner menu and dinner dessert menu. (868) 750-2083.
ARTIE’S GOURMET MEATS (Maraval, Trinidad) – Artie’s opened its second location at #35 Saddle Road in Maraval. Hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Saturday.
BRAVO ON THE BOULEVARD! (Port of Spain, Trinidad) – Reopens Friday, November 29th.
PANINI868, a food catering service, launched at the end of October offering “offering a variety of panini sandwiches and salads, for your board/small office meetings, birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers or any other lime you’re having! Call/text/email Panini868 for your FRESH, FUN paninis!”
RELATED LINK: Food & Wine Events in Trinidad & Tobago for November 2013.
SPECIAL DEALS & NEW MENUS
MORE VINO/MORE SUSHI (Woodbrook, Trinidad) launched its 30% Mondays – every Monday get 30 percent off from 3pm-6pm on Fire Cracker, Last Samurai, California, Maracas, Red Wine, Suzie Vegie , Yamagen Torch. Link to flyer.
CHAUD CAFE (Woodbrook, Trinidad) is offering Thanksgiving Dinner Baskets for the week of November 25th. Baskets serve four people and include Roasted Turkey Breast, Buttermilk Bourbon Gravy (or) Salmon en Croute, (Atlantic Salmon wrapped in Puff Pastry); Sage & Garlic Sausage Stuffing; Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Fennel, Green Beans; Cranberry & Cinnamon Relish; and Pumpkin & Golden Raisin Cinnamon Rolls. “Cost is $720 inclusive of taxes. Please email your orders to firstname.lastname@example.org.”
JARDIN (West Mall, Westmoorings, Trinidad) launched a new menu (link) with lots of goodies like Lobster Mac & Cheese and Thai Shrimp Curry w/Roasted Vegetable Couscous. Also Jardin is open on Sundays for the 2013 Christmas season.
LA CANTINA PIZZERIA (Port of Spain, Trinidad) – “Pizza menu is closed from 3pm to 6pm every day until further notice, but “you can still enjoy all of our salads and appetizers and the bar is OPEN!” Link to bar menu. La Cantina is also offering a 25 percent discount through UrbanIsle.com (more details here).
HOTEL NORMANDIE’S CIAO RESTAURANT (St. Ann’s, Trinidad) started its High Tea Thursdays on November 14th.
- DRUNKEN JOE’S (Crown Point, Tobago) is a restaurant & sports bar coming soon to the Crown Point area and will serve “American cuisine” for lunch and dinner.
- BAREFOOT BISTRO (Woodbrook, Trinidad) – Opened in December (click here for more details)! Slated to open the first week of December 2013, Chef Ed Inglefield’s Barefoot Bistro aims to be “a casual, easy going, fun spot that doesn’t take itself too seriously and offers affordable, simple [vegetarian-friendly] food, expertly prepared from quality ingredients by passionate people.” Link to menu.
- MR. HOPS PIZZA & GRILL (Santa Cruz, Trinidad) is coming soon to Santa Cruz.
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO CUISINE & FOOD INDUSTRY IN THE NEWS:
- Foodie Friday: Trinidad & Tobago’s Street Food 101, October 25, 2013 – Sherman’sTravel.com
- Meet the culinary stars of Trinidad and Tobago, and learn their food preparation secrets, October 28, 2013 – TheGrio.com
- Trinidad and Tobago: Plan a couple’s or girlfriends’ getaway, November 1, 2013 – TheGrio.com
- Sold out crowds for Restaurant Week, November 15, 2013 – Trinidad & Tobago Guardian
- Trinidad & Tobago: The New Foodie Destination, November 16, 2013 – MyLAlifestyle.com
- International Journalists get a Taste of Trinidad and Tobago – Tourism Development Company Limited
- The hunt begins for T&T’s top mixer, November 16, 2013 – Trinidad & Tobago Guardian
- Online Food Delivery Business Expanding, November 21, 2013 – Trinidad & Tobago Guardian
- Welcome to Chutney Hut, November 26, 2013 – Trinidad Express