We just stumbled on this booklet A Taste of Trinidad & Tobago Gourmet Style with recipes from local chefs and restaurateurs (the booklet was published a few years ago by the Tourism Development Company).
The recipes include local classics with a twist and international dishes. We can’t wait to try our hand with a few of them:
- Chicken Satay (Soong’s Great Wall Restaurant & Lounge)
- Callaloo & Curried Pumpkin Soup (Khalid Mohammed)
- Cajun Lobster (Shelly Cofoni, Plantation House)
- Pot Roast of Cornish Hen (Khalid Mohammed)
- Grilled Duck Breasts with Passion Fruit & Pink Peppercorn Sauce (Nicole Seecharan, Chaconia Inn)
- Breast of Chicken Santa Rosa (Moses Reuben, Melange)
- Shrimp in Curried White Wine (Cliff Ross, MeShells)
- Stuffed Melogene Fritters in Batter with Pineapple & Raisin Salsa (Veni Mange)
- West Indian Style Three Pepper Shrimp (Nicholas Hardwicke, Seahorse Inn Restaurant & Bar)
- Curry Crab & Dumplings (Ms. Alma, Ms. Alma’s Local Dishes)
Click HERE to view and download your copy (PDF file) from the Tourism Development Company’s website.