Jingle bells, jingle bells, we’re counting down the days ’til Christmas!
Never fear for UpMarket is back on Saturday, November 12, 2011 (9:30am-2:30pm) at the Woodbrook Youth Facility, and it’s the perfect opportunity for one-stop gift shopping.
As always, this UpMarket will feature fantastic local art, jewelry, crafts and tasty FOOD from Trinidad’s best food retailers and artisans.
November’s UpMarket food vendors include:
- VEGA BOYZ – delights from the La Vega Estate, including the Vega Boyz sorbet flavours like Barbadine, Lychee, Silk Fig, Honey-Lime, Pineapple and Sapote & Carambola; exotic and local fruits like rambutan, peewah and paw paw; flowers; crayfish from the estate, and more.
- BY WORD OF MOUTH FOOD – Cathy Blackberrn’s delicious savoury pies, crumpets, vegetarian and beef lasagnes, and beef and tomato gratin.
- TEA-LICIOUS – fine loose teas and tea bags, beautiful tea sets, tea pots and teacups, creamers and sugar bowls, small serving dishes and more.
- CHOCOLATE MAESTRO/FOUNTAIN RENTALS – decadent chocolate-covered strawberries, cheesecake stuffed strawberries, gourmet apples like caramel apples and Oreo caramel apples, and other chocolate treats.
- IAN ROOKS’ SAUCES & CHUTNEYS – debuting his new line of Italian sauces, chutneys and rubs. (Rooks offers cooking classes at FANATIC KITCHEN STUDIO and is a professional caterer.)
- SUMPTUOUSLY ORGASMIC TOMATO CHUTNEY – tomato chutney that’s sumptuous and umm…just refer to the name.
- DEL MANO – Trini-style gourmet pestos – Shadon Beni pesto and Roasted Melongene – that celebrate local ingredients. Del Mano also sells traditional Basil pesto, along with Tarragon Parsley, Watercress Feta, and Sweet Pepper pestos.
- BEYOND VITALITY – homemade natural almond butter and peanuts butter, dark chocolate almond crunch, maple syrup crunch, peanut butter balls, superfood granola, natural hummus, organic sprouts, eco kitchen items, gift certificates for Beyond Vitality’s nutrition consulting and fitness services, and more.
- DREAMY CREAMY ICE CREAM – truly dreamy ice cream flavours like Soursop Ice Cream; Chocolate Ice Cream w/chunks of chocolate candies & Hershey chocolate syrup; Coconut Ice Cream made from fresh coconut milk; Coconut ice cream infused w/fresh ginger.
*This is a partial list of UpMarket’s food merchants. UpMarket also features non-food vendors selling everything from earrings to yacht charters; fun activities for children are also available.
What to Bring to UpMarket: CASH preferably in small bills; Reusable grocery bags, if you can; Cooler for the Dreamy Creamy Ice Cream and other items that need to be kept cold.
Directions: Woodbrook Youth Facility is on Hamilton Holder Street, “which runs behind the Jean Pierre Complex. If you are heading into town on the Foreshore, it’s the next traffic light after the stadium. Make a right and then you cannot miss it on your left, a big blue wall. It is a one way street.”
Special Message from UpMarket and Macaroni Kid Trinidad about November’s market:
“UpMarket and Macaroni Kid will be collaborating for the next two markets to bring some Christmas cheer to kids who would so appreciate getting a gift for Christmas. Please join us in this effort by bringing a gift for a child to the 12th November market. Macaroni Kid helpers will be there to receive and wrap it.”