1. FLUID BAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Opened in April 2014 on the Avenue with a menu that includes a tapas-style sushi buffet.
3. LUCE (Port of Spain) – Located at the Hilton Trinidad, LUCE lounge (and its sushi bar) opened in March 2014. (Hours are 5pm-11pm, Tuesday to Thursday and 6pm-12 midnight, Friday & Saturday.)
4. KAIZAN SUSHI (MovieTowne, Port of Spain) - Grab your sushi before or after a movie and check Kaizan’s ode to Trinidad, the Sushi Carnival Roll. Kaizan also has lunch specials. (Hours are 11am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday.) Link to our Kaizan Sushi pictures including the menu.
5. SUSHI BAR – Hyatt Regency Trinidad (Port of Spain) – Take a seat at the bar for sushi, sake and the best sushi bar view in Trinidad. Sake cocktails and Sapporo beer are also available. (Sushi Bar hours are 5:30pm – 10:30pm, Monday – Saturday.)
6. LEVELS ULTRABAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Get ready to enjoy sushi in a very social, lounge atmosphere. Don’t miss Buffet Tuesdays 5pm-8pm, it’s a great value! Pitchers & Platters special is Thursdays – a free pitcher of draft beer or sangria when you order a LeVeLs Sushi Platter. LeVeLs also has lunch specials. (Tuesday – Thursday, 12pm – 1am (kitchen closes at 10:30pm); Friday – Saturday, 12pm – 2am (kitchen closes at 11:30pm); Sunday, 12pm – 12 midnight).
7. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (Woodbrook) – More Sushi is one of two great spots in Woodbrook to satisfy ‘yuh’ sushi cravings, and we really like the $99 lunch special here! Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) Link to our More Sushi pictures.
8. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (San Fernando) – More Sushi has ‘reached’ South! Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.)
9. EURASIA (Trincity Mall) – Serves sushi (along with Thai and Italian food). Monday-Thursday: 12pm-11pm; Friday-Saturday: 12pm-12am; Sunday: 4pm-12am. (868) 640-8955
10. ALL OUT SPORTS BAR & GOURMET GRILL (Port of Spain) – Sushi is available from 4pm on Tuesday – Saturday courtesy of Tokusan Sushi.
11. JAFFA AT THE OVAL (Port of Spain) – Jaffa offers sushi on its lunch buffet on Fridays.
FYI: TAO SUSHI in Maraval, BENIHANA in Trincity Mall, SAKURA SUSHI at Southland Mall in San Fernando, and LAUGHING BUDDHA have closed. Also, if you’re interested in making your own sushi, SEAFOOD ENTERPRISES, THE GOURMET GENIE, MALABAR FARMS and other gourmet grocery stores sell sushi kits.
What sushi spots are the best? Check out what readers think are the best sushi choices in Trinidad.
NOTE: Every effort is made to keep this list updated, but please call to confirm hours as restaurants do change their hours of operation.