SUSHI IN THE WEST
1. SAMURAI GRILL & SUSHI BAR (One Woodbrook Place, Woodbrook) – Trinidad’s newest sushi and teppanyaki spot opened Sept. 11, 2014 for dinner from 5:30pm (Monday to Saturday) and then for lunch, dinner and brunch in October (Monday to Sunday). Menus are available on Samurai’s Facebook page. (868) 289-4616 or firstname.lastname@example.org – Participating in 2014 Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week Sept 19th-28th
2. ALL OUT SPORTS BAR & GOURMET GRILL (Port of Spain) – Sushi is available from 4pm, Wednesday – Saturday. (868) 622-6730 – Participating in 2014 Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week Sept 19th-28th
3. FLUID BAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Opened in April 2014 on the Avenue with a menu that includes a tapas-style sushi buffet on Tuesdays for $195 (link to flyer). (868) 225-5001 – Participating in 2014 Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week Sept 19th-28th
4. THE PORT RESTAURANT (Woodbrook) – Offers a sushi menu alongside its lunch and dinner menu (opened in May 2014 at One Woodbrook Place). Hours are 11am-11pm, Monday to Thursday and 11am-12 midnight, Friday & Saturday. Link to menu on The Port’s website. (868) 628-4089 – Participating in 2014 Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week Sept 19th-28th
5. LUCE (Port of Spain) – Located at the Hilton Trinidad, LUCE lounge (and its sushi bar) opened in March 2014. (Hours are 5pm-11pm, Tuesday to Thursday and 6pm-12 midnight, Friday & Saturday.) (868) 225-2000.
6. KAIZAN SUSHI (MovieTowne, Port of Spain) - Grab your sushi before or after a movie and check Kaizan’s ode to Trinidad, the Sushi Carnival Roll. Kaizan also has lunch specials. (Hours are 11am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday.) Link to our Kaizan Sushi pictures including the menu. (868) 623-5437.
7. SUSHI BAR – Hyatt Regency Trinidad (Port of Spain) – Take a seat at the bar for sushi, sake and the best sushi bar view in Trinidad. Sake cocktails and Sapporo beer are also available. (Sushi Bar hours are 5:30pm – 10pm, Monday – Saturday.) (868) 623-2222
8. LEVELS ULTRABAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Get ready to enjoy sushi in a very social, lounge atmosphere. Don’t miss Buffet Tuesdays 5pm-8pm, it’s a great value! Pitchers & Platters special is Thursdays – a free pitcher of draft beer or sangria when you order a LeVeLs Sushi Platter. LeVeLs also has lunch specials. (Tuesday – Thursday, 12pm – 1am (kitchen closes at 10:30pm); Friday – Saturday, 12pm – 2am (kitchen closes at 11:30pm); Sunday, 12pm – 12 midnight). (868) 622-5350
9. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (Woodbrook) – More Sushi is one of two great spots in Woodbrook to satisfy your sushi cravings, and we really like the $99 lunch special here! Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) Link to our More Sushi pictures. (868) 622-8466
10. JAFFA AT THE OVAL (Port of Spain) – Jaffa offers sushi on its lunch buffet on Fridays (11:45am-2:30pm ). (868) 622-OVAL (6825) or 628-6200
SUSHI IN SOUTH TRINIDAD
11. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (San Fernando) – Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) (868) 223-8466
SUSHI IN EAST/CENTRAL TRINIDAD
12. EURASIA (Trincity Mall) – Serves sushi (along with Thai and Italian food). Monday-Thursday: 12pm-11pm; Friday-Saturday: 12pm-12am; Sunday: 4pm-12am. (868) 640-8955
13. TOPPERS RESTAURANT & BAR (Grand Bazaar, Valsayn) Added an “Asian Salad & Sushi Bar” in June 2014. Sushi is available Monday-Sunday: 12pm-3pm and 6pm-9pm. (868) 645-8677. Participating in 2014 Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week Sept 19th-28th
FYI: TAO SUSHI in Maraval, BENIHANA in Trincity Mall, SAKURA SUSHI at Southland Mall in San Fernando, and LAUGHING BUDDHA have closed. Also, if you’re interested in making your own sushi, SEAFOOD ENTERPRISES, THE GOURMET GENIE, MALABAR FARMS and other gourmet grocery stores sell sushi kits. Also, TOKUSAN SUSHI (West Trinidad) offers a sushi delivery service; check Tokusan’s Facebook page for menu and more information.
What sushi spots are the best? Check out what readers think are the best sushi choices in Trinidad.
NOTE: Every effort is made to keep this list updated, but please call to confirm hours as restaurants do change their hours of operation.