1. KAIZAN SUSHI (MovieTowne, Port of Spain) - Grab your sushi before or after a movie and check Kaizan’s ode to Trinidad, the Sushi Carnival Roll. Kaizan also has lunch specials. (Hours are 11am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday.) Link to our Kaizan Sushi pictures including the menu.
2. SAKURA SUSHI (San Fernando) - Located in Southland Mall Cross Crossing (Hours are Monday-Wednesday: 4pm-1am and Thursday-Sunday: 11am-1am). (868) 344-3733.
3. TAO SUSHI (Maraval) - Tao Sushi has opened a full-service restaurant in Maraval (link to pictures and menu). Takeout Tao Sushi is also available pre-packaged at ADAM’S BAGELS (Maraval), and SuperPharm in Maraval. (Hours are 6pm – 11pm, Monday-Sunday.) Link to our Tao Sushi pictures including the menu.
4. SUSHI BAR – Hyatt Regency Trinidad (Port of Spain) - Take a seat at the bar for sushi, sake and the best sushi bar view in Trinidad. Sake cocktails and Sapporo beer are also available. (Sushi Bar hours are 5:30pm – 10pm, Monday – Saturday.)
5. LEVELS ULTRABAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Get ready to enjoy sushi in a very social, lounge atmosphere. Don’t miss Buffet Tuesdays 5pm-8pm, it’s a great value! Pitchers & Platters special is Thursdays – a free pitcher of draft beer or sangria when you order a LeVeLs Sushi Platter. LeVeLs also has lunch specials. (Tuesday – Thursday, 12pm – 1am (kitchen closes at 10:30pm); Friday – Saturday, 12pm – 2am (kitchen closes at 11:30pm); Sunday, 12pm – 12 midnight).
6. TOKUSAN SUSHI (West Trinidad) - Sushi delivery service on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm (occasionally offers lunch delivery). Tokusan Sushi also is sold at Petit Gourmet in St. Clair. Check Tokusan’s Facebook page for menu and more information.
7. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (Woodbrook) – More Sushi is one of two great spots in Woodbrook to satisfy ‘yuh’ sushi cravings, and we really like the $99 lunch special here! Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) Link to our More Sushi pictures.
8. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (San Fernando) – More Sushi has ‘reached’ South! Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.)
9. LAUGHING BUDDHA (Port of Spain) – Billed as Trinidad’s only authentic Japanese restaurant, sushi is on the menu. (Restaurant/Sushi bar hours are 11am – 3pm and 5pm – 9pm, Monday – Saturday.)
10. JAFFA AT THE OVAL (Port of Spain) – Jaffa offers sushi on its lunch buffet on Fridays.
What sushi spots are the best? Check out what readers think are the best sushi choices in Trinidad.
NOTE: Every effort is made to keep this list updated, but please call to confirm hours as restaurants do change their hours of operation.