SUSHI IN THE WEST
1. LUCE (Port of Spain) – Located at the Hilton Trinidad, LUCE opened in March 2014 with rolls we just love including the Shrimp-Oh-Shrimp, Ultimate Riceless Roll , Flamingo Roll, Alaskan Roll, and the Dragon Roll. (Hours are 5pm-11pm, Tuesday to Thursday and 6pm-12 midnight, Friday & Saturday.) Link to LUCE menu. (868) 225-2000.
2. SAMURAI GRILL & SUSHI BAR (One Woodbrook Place, Woodbrook) – Trinidad’s newest sushi and teppanyaki spot opened in Sept. 2014 for dinner from 5:30pm (Monday to Saturday) and then for lunch, dinner and brunch in October (Monday to Sunday). Link to Samurai Trinidad Menu. (868) 289-4616 or email@example.com
Update February 2015: The Port has closed.
3. THE PORT RESTAURANT (Woodbrook) – Offers a sushi menu alongside its lunch and dinner menu (opened in May 2014 at One Woodbrook Place). Hours are 11am-11pm, Monday to Thursday and 11am-12 midnight, Friday & Saturday. Link to menu on The Port’s website. (868) 628-4089.
4. KAIZAN SUSHI (MovieTowne, Port of Spain) - Grab your sushi before or after a movie and check Kaizan’s ode to Trinidad, the Sushi Carnival Roll. Kaizan also has lunch specials. (Hours are 11am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday.) Link to our Kaizan Sushi pictures including the menu. (868) 623-5437.
5. SUSHI BAR – Hyatt Regency Trinidad (Port of Spain) – Take a seat at the bar for sushi, sake and the best sushi bar view in Trinidad. Sake cocktails and Sapporo beer are also available. (Sushi Bar hours are 5:30pm – 10pm, Monday – Saturday.) (868) 623-2222.
6. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (Woodbrook) – More Sushi is one of four great spots in Woodbrook to satisfy your sushi cravings, and we really like the $99 lunch special here! Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) Link to our More Sushi pictures. (868) 622-8466
7. FLUID BAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Opened in April 2014 on the Avenue with a menu that includes a tapas-style sushi “buffet” on Tuesdays for $195 – includes one appetizer and salad, any 3 traditional rolls, any 2 specialty rolls and a complimentary glass of wine. (868) 225-5001
Update December 2014: LeVeLs has temporarily closed.
LEVELS ULTRABAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook) - Get ready to enjoy sushi in a very social, lounge atmosphere. Don’t miss Buffet Tuesdays 5pm-8pm, it’s a great value at $220 per person (includes a glass of wine)! Pitchers & Platters special is Thursdays – a free pitcher of draft beer or sangria when you order a LeVeLs Sushi Platter. (Tuesday – Thursday, 5pm – 1am (kitchen closes at 10:30pm); Friday – Saturday, 5pm – 2am (kitchen closes at 11:30pm); Sunday, 5pm – 12 midnight). (868) 622-5350
8. TOPPERS RESTAURANT & BAR (St. Clair) Offers an “Asian Salad & Sushi Bar.” (868) 628-8677
9. ALL OUT SPORTS BAR & GOURMET GRILL (Port of Spain) – Sushi is available from 4pm, Wednesday – Saturday. (868) 622-6730
10. JAFFA AT THE OVAL (Port of Spain) – Jaffa offers sushi on its lunch buffet on Fridays (11:45am-2:30pm ). (868) 622-OVAL (6825) or 628-6200
11. STARLITE PHARMACY (Maraval) - Offers pre-packaged sushi that is restocked 2-3 times daily; Roll options include Crab Maki ($40); Plantain Roll ($40); California Roll ($50); and Carnival Roll ($50).
12. SAKURA ARTS (Port of Spain-Cocorite and Maraval) – Offers pre-packaged sushi at the Peakes One Stop in Cocorite-POS and Artie’s Meats in Maraval; Roll options ($65) include California Roll; Smoky Salmon; and a Veggie Roll.
SUSHI IN EAST/CENTRAL TRINIDAD
13. SUSHI EXPRESS (Curepe) – Small sushi shop located on Eastern Main Road next to Subway. Dine-in, take-out and delivery. Hours are Monday – Thursday: 11am – 8pm and Friday – Saturday: 11am – 9pm. Link to Sushi Express menu. (868) 282-4107
14. SILHOUETTES RESTAURANT & LOUNGE (Valpark Shopping Plaza, Valsayn) – Opened in January 2015 and offers a sushi menu. Hours are Monday – Thursday: 11am – 8pm and Friday – Saturday: 11am – 4am. Link to Menu for Silhouettes Restaurant & Lounge. (868) 221-6918
15. BOOTLEGGERS (Chaguanas) – Located on Ramsaran Street, serves sushi (along with International dishes). (868) 671-5391
16. EURASIA (Trincity Mall) – Serves sushi (along with Thai and Italian food). Monday-Thursday: 12pm-11pm; Friday-Saturday: 12pm-12am; Sunday: 4pm-12am. (868) 640-8955
17. TOPPERS RESTAURANT & BAR (Grand Bazaar, Valsayn) - Added an “Asian Salad & Sushi Bar” in June 2014. Sushi is available Monday-Sunday: 12pm-3pm and 6pm-9pm. (868) 645-8677
SUSHI IN SOUTH TRINIDAD
18. MORE SUSHI/MORE VINO (San Fernando) – Monday – Wednesday: 11am-12 midnight (Kitchen closes at 10:45pm, bar at 11:30pm); Thursday – Saturday: 11am-1am (Kitchen closes at 11:45pm, bar at closes at 12:30am.) (868) 223-8466
FYI: TAO SUSHI in Maraval, BENIHANA in Trincity Mall, SAKURA SUSHI at Southland Mall in San Fernando, and LAUGHING BUDDHA have closed. Also, if you’re interested in making your own sushi, HAPPY GOURMET, SEAFOOD ENTERPRISES, THE GOURMET GENIE, MALABAR FARMS and other gourmet grocery stores sell sushi kits, and Premium Seafood located at the National Fisheries compound in Port of Spain sells sushi-grade tuna.
Also, TOKUSAN SUSHI (West Trinidad) offers a sushi delivery service; check Tokusan’s Facebook page for menu and more information.
NOTE: Every effort is made to keep this list updated, but please call to confirm hours as restaurants do change their hours of operation.