TriniChow celebrates the diverse good eats of Trinidad and Tobago. The food here is a wonderful ‘mix-up’ of distinct and merged cuisines drawn from the twin island’s African, Indian, Chinese, European and Syrian cultures.
In the interest of being a positive foodie force, we generally only write about the restaurants we enjoy, have patronized or plan to visit. We also cover Trinidad & Tobago’s restaurant openings and closings, food & drink festivals, as well as special holidays that involve food because no holiday is complete without non-stop eating.
TriniChow makes a special effort to showcase our local burgeoning artisan food market. These small businesses in Trinidad and Tobago are using high quality (and often local) ingredients to craft food items like:
- Chutneys (SUMPTUOUSLY ORGASMIC CHUTNEY & CRATE FOODS)
- Pepper Sauces (AJI CHILLI PEPPER COMPANY & CRATE FOODS)
- Curry Pastes (AMBROSIA BY CHRISTINE)
- Pestos (DEL MANO)
- BBQ & Buffalo Wing Sauces (CRATE FOODS & AMBROSIA BY CHRISTINE)
- Artisan Breads (LA BOULANGÈRE ARTISANN & PECHE PATISSERIE)
- Granola (‘NOLA GRANOLA)
- Chocolate (COCOBEL CHOCOLATES)
- Drinking Chocolate (EXOTIC CARIBBEAN MOUNTAIN PRIDE)
- Ice Cream (DREAMY CREAMY ICE CREAM CO)
- Italian Cheeses & Pure Cream Yogurt (DOLCE VALLE DAIRY)
- Feta Cheese & Yogurt made from Goat Milk (ORANGE HILL NATURE RANCH; LA BLANCHISSEUSE)
- Yogurt & Yogurt-Related Products (PAX YOGURT)
Be sure to check out our growing list of Trinidad & Tobago’s food artisans, and we hope you enjoy TriniChow!
Questions or things you would like to see on the site? Email us at email@example.com or POST a message on our Facebook page.
We would love to hear your feedback, let us know what you think about TriniChow in the comments below or click the like button under this post!