NEW RESTAURANTS, REOPENINGS, NEW MENUS, SPECIALS, etc.
- JOSHUA’S ON THE CORNER (Port of Spain, Trinidad) opened its doors on October 19th. Join their e-mail list here and check out Joshua’s On The Corner on Facebook (link). Corner of Tragarete & French.
- ELLERZ CAFE (St. Augustine, Trinidad) brings a new “gourmet comfort food” to the St. Augustine and UWI area. #32 Eastern Main Road. (868) 391-8205
- CHEZ LEONIE (Port of Spain, Trinidad) opened on October 13th on Cipriani Boulevard. Serving Creole food made from scratch, Chez Leonie is well placed for the office breakfast & lunch crowd as well as those looking for a nice spot for dinner on the weekends. Monday-Thursday 6am-6pm; Friday 6am-11pm and Saturday dinner from 6pm. #23 Cipriani Blvd. (868) 221-7588
- MCDONALD’S (La Romaine, Trinidad) opened its fourth Trinidad location at Gulf View in La Romaine.
- TAO SUSHI & ASIAN BISTRO (Maraval, Trinidad) reopens after renovations with a new name (note the “Asian Bistro” addition) and expanded menu. Visit their new Facebook page for more details.
- AL’S DINER (Petit Valley, Trinidad) reopened on Monday, October 14th.
- LeVeLs ULTRABAR & LOUNGE (Woodbrook, Trinidad) rolls out a new three-course lunch special for $120 (all taxes included) with a complimentary glass of wine or bottled water (Tuesday-Friday, 12pm-3pm). Link to menu.
- TABLESPOON COFFEE & DESSERT HOUSE (St. Augustine, Trinidad) has added Friday sushi options to their menu – “Tablespoon is partnering with Sakura Arts to bring a little sushi to your Fridays. Pre-paid and pre-ordered to collect on Friday. Call or come in for more information – (868) 221-8504. Orders are limited.”
- CHAUD CAFE (Woodbrook, Trinidad) launches an all-day brunch menu on Saturdays (this brunch menu replaces the lunch menu on Saturdays). Link to October brunch menu at Chaud Cafe.
- LA CANTINA PIZZERIA (Port of Spain, Trinidad) added a new bar menu with half or full portions of chicken satay, green shell mussels and garlic shrimp.
- LUNCH-KIT CATERING (San Fernando, Trinidad) is “moving to #56 Independence Avenue, Corner of Paradise pasture, opposite the staff entrance of the San Fernando General Hospital (next to tennis courts, before the Naparima Bowl). We will be offering take away lunches and curb side pick up at the said location” starting Wednesday 16th October, 2013 at our new location!”
- CIAO CAFE (Scarborough, Tobago) will be closed from October 21st to November 13th 2o13.
- EAT868.com, the online restaurant delivery service has expanded their service to East Trinidad. Check the Eat868 website for a list of restaurants.
- VINTAGE IMPORTS (Woodbrook, Trinidad) has added a new Curbside Pick Up service. Call (868) 622-2883 for more details.
- PIZZA BOYS (Trinidad & Tobago) is offering a special: Purchase 1 Large 2 Topping Pizza and receive a free medium cheese pizza through October 31st. Link to coupon.
- T&T Food & Wine Events for OCTOBER 2013 (link) – With tons of great food and wine events, October is a great month for food lovers in Trinidad & Tobago!
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO RESTAURANT WEEK starts on November 8th and runs until November 17th, 2013 (dates were changed). More details on participating restaurants and pricing are HERE (link)!
- ZAZOU BISTRO MODERNE (Maraval, Trinidad) – Relocating to Long Circular Road (Corner of Prospect Avenue ). Opening date in October to be advised.
- Tea room (we don’t know the name) is slated to open on Long Circular Road in Maraval.
- MR. HOPS PIZZA & GRILL (Santa Cruz, Trinidad) is coming soon to Santa Cruz.
- PITA PIT (Maraval, Trinidad) will open its second outlet in October at the Shoppes @ Maraval.
- High Tea on Thursdays at the HOTEL NORMANDIE’S CIAO RESTAURANT will start November 14th.
- POLLO TROPICAL (Port of Spain, Trinidad) is starting a delivery service (POS location only).
- CHUCK E CHEESE restaurant is coming to Trinidad. Link to Guardian article.