1. CHOP CHOPS BISTRO (Port of Spain, Trinidad) – With its high quality ingredients and perfect thin crust, CHOP CHOPS is our favourite spot for gourmet pizza in Trinidad! (We’re partial to thin crust pizzas.) Don’t miss the Super Mushroom pizza made with a creamy white sauce and insanely fresh mushrooms. (Check out Chop Chops’ special pizza deal – $49 for cheese pizzas and pepperoni pizzas are $59 (VAT inclusive), Monday-Friday, 2pm-5pm.) Link to all Chop Chop pictures.
2. BACCO PIZZERIA ITALIANA (Duncan Village, San Fernando, Trinidad) – Opened in San Fernando in December 2012, BACCO is fantastic news for hungry bellies in South. The authentic Italian pizza served here is top notch and there’s a daily small plates menu featuring dishes like a salmon tartare topped with caviar and pumpkin shrimp soup.
3. BUZO OSTERIA ITALIANA (Port of Spain, Trinidad) – This popular restaurant is another place to score excellent Italian-style pizza in Trinidad. The sauce is housemade and the pizza options range from a simple Margherita to the Crudaiola, a white pizza with buffalo mozzarella, shaved parma, prosciutto, fresh basil and arugula. Dine in to fully experience BUZO’s beautiful ambiance (and our favourite dessert, the Affogato al Caffe). Link to all BUZO pictures.
4. LA CANTINA PIZZERIA (Store Bay, Tobago and Port of Spain, Trinidad) – La Cantina is a favourite of Trinbagonians and tourists for good reason. Italian pizzaiolos and wood burning ovens in both locations are the two biggest clues that you’re in for a great pizza. We really like the Greca pizza (fresh tomatoes, local Tobago feta, tomato sauce and mozzarella) and the Haway (pineapple, ham, tomato sauce and mozzarella). Link to La Cantina Pizzeria Tobago pictures and Link to La Cantina Pizzeria Trinidad pictures.
5. CIAO PIZZA (Scarborough, Tobago) – Perfect for those in town or visitors who have just stepped off the boat. CIAO PIZZA promises “a taste of Italy in the heart of Tobago” and also sports an Italian pizzaiolo and brick oven. The pizza dough is made from organic flour and you can choose from toppings like prosciutto, eggplant, shrimp, fresh tomatoes, pineapple, ham, artichokes and anchovies. Link to all Ciao Pizza pictures and menu.
6. SHORE THINGS CAFE & CRAFT (Lambeau, Tobago) – The menu at this seaside spot features a delightful housemade mini-pizza with a crunchy whole wheat crust and marinara sauce with veggie goodies shredded carrots. Pair it with a Garden Salad and fresh juice to make a complete lunch!
HONORARY MENTION goes to the beloved MARIO’S, which was the first retail introduction to pizza for many Trinidadians. If you want Trini-style pizza with loads of toppings and local “fixins” like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise or even garlic sauce, MARIO’S is the answer. Plus we love all the great deals and coupons they offer customers!
Is your favourite pizza place on the list? Tell us in the comments below or at Facebook.com/TriniChow!