NOTE: This show was taped and aired in 2011, however the recipes and episodes are still available online (see links below).
Christmas Cooking with Chef Khalid features Mohammed at his best, walking us through sophisticated but accessible menus that offer fresh, new options for your Christmas dinner or lunch. Most recipes incorporate local and international ingredients, and whether you’re in Trinidad & Tobago or abroad, they can be easily located.
The show features favourite Christmas dishes such as Brown Sugar-Dijon-Maple Glazed Ham; Homemade Chow Chow; Portuguese-Style Marinated Garlic Pork Crown Roast; and Herb Butter Crusted Turkey.
Chef Khalid made the following menu (recipes are posted here for Episode Three):
- Herb Crusted Leg of Lamb, Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Roasted Fingerling, Pearl Onions & Button Mushrooms
- Lobster Thermidor
- Warm Apple Crumble, Caramel Sauce
- Wild Rice Pilaf
- Brown Sugar-Dijon-Maple Glazed Ham
- Homemade Chow Chow
- Sorrel Conserve
- Sorrel-Honey Lacquered Duck Breast
- Sauteed Shrimp with Garlic Butter Herb Sauce
- Green Bean Salad in an Orange Vinaigrette
- Wild Berry Fruit Sherry Trifle
- Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- Crispy Pumpkin Seeds
- Portuguese Style Marinated Garlic Pork Crown Roast
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Herb Butter Crusted Turkey
- Traditional Turkey Gravy
- Mushroom Corn Bread Stuffing
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce