Our roundup of 2012 Christmas menus for restaurants in Trinidad & Tobago is HERE (link).
Listed below are 11 restaurants in Trinidad that offered special 2011 Christmas menus. (Check out Chef Khalid Christmas Cooking show and our recipe roundup of traditional Christmas dishes in Trinidad & Tobago for menu ideas for your own Christmas dinner or lunch.)
These special holiday restaurant menus range from buffets to plated meals for lunch and dinner, and a few breakfast and brunch options:
- Event – Christmas Buffet
- Buffet Menu - Apéritif – Cranberry Mimosa: Cranberry Berry & Orange Juice, Orange Liqueur, Vodka, Mint, Prosecco; Starters like Iced Shellfish Salad, Rock Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Squid & Mussels; Meats like Pineapple & Clove Studded Baked Ham, Homemade Chow Chow; Sides like Saffron Rice-Petit Pois Pilaf; Desserts like Wild Berry-Rum Trifle. (Items listed are a partial list of buffet menu, click here for the full buffet menu.)
- Dates – December 5 – December 31, 2011.
- Notes – CHAUD CREOLE is also offering a Christmas Prix Fixe Menu and a Family Style Menu, click here for these menus. For reservations and more information, call CHAUD (868) 623-0375 and CHAUD CREOLE (868) 621-2002.
#3 TIKI VILLAGE (St. Clair, Trinidad)
- Event – Christmas Buffet Lunch (link to flyer).
- Menu – Stuffed Christmas Breast, Braised Fish Filets, Ham with Royal Oak Glaze, Shrimp Scampi, and more.
- Price – $301 inclusive of taxes and service charge.
- Dates – Wednesday, Dec 14 & Thursday, Dec 15, 2011, 12pm -2pm; Reservations Required – (868) 622-5765.
#4 VERANDAH RESTAURANT (St. Clair, Trinidad)
- Event: Christmas Special Lunch (arrangements can be made for dinner for groups)
- Menu: Appetizers – Corn Chowder, Beef Pastelle with a Green Salad. Main Course – Seeded Mustard and Sugar Glazed Ham, Stuffed Turkey Breast, Cranberry, Raisin and Almond Basmati Rice, Cheesy Potato Au Gratin, Stewed Pigeon Peas, Cinnamon Plantains, Vegetables. Dessert – Tipsy Fruit Cake with Rum Custard Sauce, Ice Cream.
- Price: $198 per person includes complimentary Ponche de Creme. Reservations for 10 people and more are necessary, call (868) 622-6287.
#5 WATERFRONT RESTAURANT at Hyatt Regency Trinidad (Port of Spain)
- Event – Taste of Christmas Lunch or Dinner – Choose one menu item from our selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts.
- Lunch Menu – Salad Bar; Entree (Rum & Raisin Red Snapper or Angostura Marinated Pork Loin or Turkey with All the Trimmings); Dessert (Dulce De Leche Custard Tart or Classic Steamed Christmas Pudding or Roasted Marshmallow Praline Gateau). Lunch consists of Salad Bar, Entree and Dessert. On Saturdays, Appetizers replace the Salad Bar in the Lunch Menu.
- Dinner Menu – Appetizer (Cauliflower & Apple Potage or Wild Leaf Sorrel Prawn Salad or Potted Chicken & Christmas Ham Terrine); Entree (Rum & Raisin Red Snapper or Angostura Marinated Pork Loin or Turkey with All the Trimmings); Dessert (Dulce De Leche Custard Tart or Classic Steamed Christmas Pudding)
- Prices – Lunch: $255/person; Dinner: $335/person (prices are exclusive of tax & service charge)
- Dates – November 15 – December 25, 2011. For reservations and more information, call (868) 821-6550.
#6 JAFFA AT THE OVAL (Port of Spain, Trinidad)
- Event – Christmas Lunch Buffet Program (Dec 1-Dec 31, Mondays to Saturdays, 11:45am – 2:30pm)
- Lunch Menu – Hot & Cold Selections, Salad, Sides & Decadent Desserts; also includes: (1) Glass of Carmen Chilean Wine, Fruit Punch, Sorrel, Ginger Beer OR Ponche Creme.
- Price – $250/person plus VAT
- Dates - Dec 1 – Dec 31, 2011
#7 POOL TERRACE GARDEN RESTAURANT at Hilton Trinidad (Port of Spain)
- Christmas Brunches – December 4th, 11th and 18th (12pm-3pm) Price – $270
- Holiday Buffet Dinners – December 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th (7pm-10:30pm) Price – $280
- Christmas Eve Dinner (five course plated dinner) – December 24th (7pm-10:30pm) Price – $340
- Christmas Day Breakfast (held in Grand Ballroom) – December 25th (6:30am-11am) Price – $230
- Christmas Day Brunch (Santa Claus to distribute gifts to children 12 & under) – December 25th (12pm-3pm) Price – $303
- Boxing Day Breakfast - December 26th (6:30am-9:30am – Pool Terrace; 9am-11am – La Boucan) Price – $230
- Boxing Day Brunch – December 26th (12pm-3pm) Price – $303
- All Hilton event prices above are exclusive of 15% VAT and 10% service charge. Events feature live entertainment, welcome drink and a chance to win door prizes. For reservations and more information, (868) 624-3211 ext. 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
#8 WOODFORD CAFE (Port of Spain & Chaguanas, Trinidad)
- Special Holiday Menu - Ham Platter or Turkey Platter or Combo Platter (Ham and Turkey). All platters are served with one mini pastelle (beef or vegetarian). Your choice of any two side orders off of the menu; All platters are $125 plus 10% Service Charge and 15% VAT. Reservations for 10 persons and up are necessary, please call (868) 627-CAFÉ (2233) or (868) 627-5612.
- Woodford Cafe’s Annual Christmas SOIREE featuring Bunji Garlin & Scrunter - Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 9pm-3am; Complimentary Cutters 9pm-11pm and Woodford’s Crazy Drink Specials. Link to Woodford Cafe’s Christmas Soiree flyer on Facebook.
- Woodford Cafe’s Annual Christmas PARTY featuring Kes The Band – Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 9pm-3am; Complimentary Cutters 9pm-11pm and Woodford’s Crazy Drink Specials. Link to Woodford Cafe’s Christmas Party flyer on Facebook.
#9 TEXAS DE BRAZIL (MovieTowne, Port of Spain, Trinidad)
- Special Holiday Menu Items – Roast turkey and ham, housemade cranberry sauce, traditional stuffing and more are available for a limited time during dinner hours of operation for the month of December only.
- Price – Special items are INCLUDED in the regular dinner menu and price.
- Note – Special holiday hours for Texas de Brazil-Trinidad include: Christmas Eve – dinner only, Christmas Day – closed, Boxing Day,12/26/11- dinner only, 12/27/11- dinner only, New Year’s Eve – dinner only. Call (868) 623-0022 for more information on specific hours.
#10 CREWS INN (Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad)
- Christmas Plate – Lunch or Dinner Plate of turkey and ham, festive rice, Waldorf salad, veggie/chicken/beef pastelle, Christmas cake and glass of wine.
- Price – $150/person plus taxes & charges.
- Dates/Hours - Dec 5 – Dec 24, 2011. Lunch hours are 11am-3pm and Dinner hours are 6pm-10pm. For reservations, call (868) 634-4000 ext. 424.
#11 CROWNE PLAZA OLYMPIA RESTAURANT (Port of Spain, Trinidad)
- Christmas Lunch Buffet (Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday in December 2011. Lunch buffet hours are 12pm-2:30pm) – Salad; Entrees – Slow RoastedTurkeyw/Bell Peppers & Roasted Tomatoes; Virginia Picnic Ham; and Fillet of Fish with Lemon Coconut Infusion; Sides – Creamy Penne Pasta w/Vegetable Tomato Basil Sauce; Spicy Pigeon Peas; Beef, Chicken baked w/Glazed Orange; Vegetable Pastelles; Roasted Red Pepper Rice; and Chef’s Choice Vegetables; Desserts – Trini Black Cake; Fresh Fruit;Black ForestCake; Crème Caramel; Coffee & Tea. $230/person plus 15 percent VAT & 10 percent service charge. Link to flyer and menu on Facebook.
- Christmas Day Brunch – Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011, 11:30am – 2:30pm. $205/person plus taxes. Link to menu & flyer on Facebook.
- For more information or to make reservations call 625-3361/8 ext. 7681.